Happy World Oceans Day!
Celebrate World Oceans Day by taking action!
Since 2008, the United Nations has officially recognized June 8 as World Oceans day - a time to take action and participate in events that raise awareness and help to preserve our world's oceans.
In light of recent events, it is more important now than ever to participate in ocean conservation.
Check out these great events happening in BC:
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada STAFF Beach Cleanup - June 8, 2010 in Nanaimo
- Celebrating the Ocean Environment - June 16-17, 2010 in Sidney
- Biologist Guided Boat Tour - June 8, 2010 in Tofino
- World Oceans Week Festival at the Vancouver Aquarium - June 5-13, 2010 in Vancouver
- Oceans Day Festival Society Aerial Art Event - June 8, 2010 in Victoria
To check out more events happening across Canada and the world, please visit the Ocean Project website.