City Club General Rules & Usage Policy
The Parkside Hotel & Spa does not assume any liability or loss in connection with the exercises and/or instruction or use of the facilities. Please consult with your doctor/physician before beginning this or any exercise program. Accordingly, members, their families, and guest (the member) expressly agrees and understands that the use of equipment and facilities, and the participation in activities at any location used by The Parkside Hotel & Spa
Furthermore, the member expressly represents that he/she is physically able to undertake in any and all chosen activities such as physical exercises, use of facilities, and instructed activities as provided by The Parkside Hotel & Spa. The member represents they have consulted with a health professional regarding any and all physical limitations the member may have and the member accepts full responsibility to regulate his/her activities accordingly.
The member understands that supervision is not provided at the facilities; this also means there is no lifeguard on duty at the pool area.
The member expressly assumes full responsibility for any injury or damages, which may occur to himself/herself in or about the premises of The Parkside Hotel & Spa. The member forever releases and discharges The Parkside Hotel & Spa, its boards, agents, employees from any and all claims, demands, right or cause of action, including but not limited to all present, past and future claims. In addition, if the member shall be found liable for any injury or damages the member hereby agrees to hold The Parkside Hotel & Spa harmless from said loss and/or liability.
The member expressly agrees to abide by all rules and regulations of The Parkside Hotel & Spa, and understands that failure to comply with rules and regulations may result in revocation of this membership.
Transfers and Termination
The member understands that this membership is non-transferable to another person or family member and is non-refundable.
In case the member loses his/her City Club access card, a replacement card will be issued by front desk free of charge for the first time. If the loss occurs again, the second and the following replacement cards will be issued by front desk at $50 charge.
Rules & Policies
- In the interest of hygiene all bathers must shower before swim.
- Children under the age of 12 must be directly supervised by an adult at all times
- Infants and children who are not yet toilet trained must wear an approved swim nappy.
- Running, pushing, wrestling, or causing undue disturbance in or about the pool area will not be tolerated.
- No glass containers or food of any kind are allowed in the pool area.
- Persons who have recently consumed alcohol will not be permitted to use any of the facilities.
- Proper swimming attire must be worn in the pool.
- Prams and buggies are not permitted in the gym or pool area.
- No running, pushing or conduct that may endanger other patrons.
- No diving in the pool.
- Persons with skin infections, open wounds, nasal or ear discharge or any communicable diseases are not permitted in the pool.
- Spitting or nose blowing in to the pool or onto the deck is prohibited.
- Band-aids should be removed before entering the pool.
Guest should not use facilities if suffering from any of the following: Serious illness, heart condition, high/low blood pressure, diabetes, a respiratory condition or any other medical condition which may affect your reaction to heat.
- Guests taking medication for any of the above conditions who are unsure as to the advisability of using such facilities should consult their GP first.
- Observe a sensible time limit 5-15 minutes.
- Shower between each heat exposure.
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn at all times.
- Glass containers, food or beverages of any sort are not permitted inside the facilities.
- Guests under the age of 16 are not permitted to use the facilities.
- Pregnant women are not advised to use the facilities.
- Remove all jewellery before use.
- The hot/cold cycle can be repeated as often as comfortable. However bathing for too long may result in nausea, dizziness or fainting. If any of these symptoms occur alert staff immediately.
- Shaving and the use or creams and lotions are not permitted in the health suite area under any circumstances.
- The Members must accept fullest responsibility for any damage done to equipment due to his misuse of the equipment.
- Members must respect other members' rights and privileges while using the fitness center.
- Members must print his first and last names legibly on the sign-in sheet when he uses the facility.
- Members must unload all bars and machines when he/she is through using them and replacing all weight plates on their proper racks.
- Members must replace barbells and dumbbells on their proper racks at the end of each set.
- Members must follow directions on the proper use of the training equipment and asking for directions when necessary.
- Members must dispose of trash in the proper places.
- Members must treat members and staff with fullest respect and courtesy at all times.
- Members must wipe down equipment with sanitizer napkins after each use. These can be found next to the water fountain.
- Members must wear proper gym shoes at all times.
- Members are not allowed to spit into the water fountain.
- Members are not allowed to put their feet on the wall.
- Members are not allowed to place weight plates on the floor.
- Members are not allowed to bang dumbbells together when doing flies or other exercises.
- Members are not allowed to drop dumbbells or barbells on the floor.
- Members are not allowed to put bags(gym bags, purses, or back packs) on the gym floor.
- Members are not allowed to talk on the cell phone.
- Members must be sensitive about how loud heir music is and consider who may not appreciate the style; personal music devices must be used at a volume level that is only heard by the member.